My name is Alexandra Metaxa and I am an American actress living in London.
I work in Theatre, Television, Film and Voiceover with the occasional vintage modeling stint. I have a flexible schedule, love my job, and am easy and fun to work with. My natural accent is American, I am fluent in Greek, and hold a BSc (hons) in Psychology. As well as acting I love to travel (thank you dual citizenship), make a mean Christmas dinner, have training as a photographer and play the piano. Headshots are on the ‘Photos’ page, and my CV is under ‘About Me’. For a more extensive list of credits you can visit my spotlight page here.
Feel free to send me a line via the ‘contact’ page – I’m always happy to consider projects and collaborations. Alternatively, email me at email@example.com or follow me on facebook and twitter!
- Check out the new University of Phoenix ad with me as the lead: UoPX
- My first ever radio play! Wrapped on ‘Dingus’, the very clever Noire piece by Mike Cooter, coming to your ears soon.
- Had an awesome time performing as Sydney for a rehearsed reading of The Beautiful Dark at the Tristan Bates Theatre. Many thanks to Lydia Parker and American Actors UK!
- Wrapped on 50 Ways to Kill Your Lover for the Discovery channel, coming to a telly near you worldwide in Spring 2014. I play one of the murderous leads and had a ton of fun with it with Bruce Webb and his team at Thumbs Up, www.thumbsupproductions.tv
- Jumbo: The Plane that Changed the World screened on BBC2 on the 28th February, with me playing Emilia de Geer. You can find it on iPlayer in the UK, and BBC Worldwide and the Smithsonian Channel in the US. Many thanks to the amazing director Chris Spencer, and to Victoria Musguin for getting me involved.
- I am currently working on two Feature films, Modern Love and South of the River. In the first, I play Milady de Winter, a surprise love interest from the Internet, and in the second, I play Laura, an American bartender and the female lead.
- The gorgeous video for Jahmene Douglas single ‘Titanium’ is now out, with me as the lead – you can view it here: Video. All proceeds go to Women’s Aid charity! Many thanks to Greg Francis and his team at www.lutimedia.com
- Met the lovely Robbie Williams working on his new Christmas promo. You can see me here being all cheesy like.
- Gorgeous new pics for Revival Retro now out, at www.revival-retro.com. Shot by the very talented Tory Smith (tory-smith.com) and appearing in this month’s issue of Vintage Life magazine!